Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 2002 21:54:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        jims@innerdot.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard recognition, irqs, and winmodems

In message: <20020701105822.A72D7AB81@www.innerdot.com>
            Jim Spring <jims@innerdot.com> writes:
: > Yes.  You have a cardbus bridge, and that forces the IRQ to use.  You
: > MUST use the one that is routed to the PCI interrupt line that is
: > connected to your cardbus bridge.
:
: Thank you for the explanation, i was trying to figure out why so many
: things were getting routed to interrupt 11.  That leads to a follow up
: question, should multiple pccards be a problem?

No.  IT should work fine.  However, most toshiba laptops have issues
in -stable at the moment.  I should put together a MFC patch to see if
the issues that I think I've fixed really are fixed or not.

: When I insert both this
: modem and an orinoco wavelan card, the machine hangs after pccardd
: detects and installs the 2nd card.

This sounds like the classic "ToPIC" problem.

: It turns out, under linux, someone developed a patch for modems that
: may address the issue, I am looking into it a bit more now.

Cool.  Lemme know if you need more help.  I don't know if I'll be able
to help much, but I'll do my best.

Warner