Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 20:35:21 -0500
From:      Guy Silliman <mgpr@ptd.net>
To:        Tim Baird <tim@print.gfmurray.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcp/ip on ethernet problem

At 12:45 PM 11/28/96 -0800, you wrote:
>What is the ping/ftp/whatever performance between the NT box and the FBSD
>box?  Are you able to swap the ethernet cards between these two boxes and
>compare?

   I do not get any response when pinging from the nt box to the fbsd box.
Unfortunately, I can not use the card in the nt box, not mine to swap with,
and I don't think it is a compatible card with fbsd anyway.  Do you think it
is the card?  I really don't have another card to put in... I'd rather not
buy another without any idea whether it will be the cure...

Anyone got any other ideas?  I really would like to get this machine up, but
have hit the cluelss point as far as my knowledge goes...

Thanks... Guy