Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:13:26 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Justin Hawkins <justin@tardis.mx.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serial boot prompt messages and a modem

Justin Hawkins wrote:

> I understand it's not really a bug and perhaps is not worth the code
> effort. A note in the handbook might not go astray - I am sure a lot of
> people who need a COM2 console will have modem on COM1.

A note on the handbook and/or man pages can certainly be done. I'd be
happy to apply any such changes you volunteer. You might add that before
trying this, replacing loader.rc with one with the single line "boot"
will garantee that loader will not stop.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
who is as social as a wampas

dcs@newsguy.com