Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Found BAD BUG: squashed

    Ok.  Since -current went from u_short to u_int, we should simply MFC
    that change to stable after 4.3 is out the door.  Now, I know you have
    your heart set on your fancy overflow check Terry but I really think
    going to a 32 bit counter is the best solution, especially as Bruce
    pointed out it will not bloat the structure.  We've been moving all our
    other ref counts to 32 bits over the years...

						-Matt