Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:05:28 +1000
From:      Stewart Heckenberg <youdaman@reincarnate.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   slirp & ppp

Hi all,

I was wondering how I could get internet access using ppp in combination
with slirp.

I have a ppp connection through Windows Dial-Up Networking that allows
me to use slirp, however the ppp program in FreeBSD doesn't acknowledge
that I'm in ppp mode after I have activated slirp on the server I
dialed. I've read that typing "~p" in terminal mode puts it in packet
mode (which it does) but is this enough?

I also might need some help with my "hosts", "ppp.config", and other
files if anyone is willing - I have read and followed the handbook's
instructions, but I want some additional guidance if that's ok...

btw, I noticed that typing "~?" while in terminal mode gives me the
start of the help message followed by garbled characters - I assume I
need the "screen" program?

Cheers,

Stewart