Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:07:50 -0600
From:      Paul Procacci <pprocacci@datapipe.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NanoBSD :: smallest image size

Hello list,

I have an old machine I just acquired that I was thinking of replacing
my current FreeBSD firewall/router with.  It's a Celeron 500+ Mhz
machine with 32 Megs of ram, and a 10G hard drive.  I am(was) initially
thinking about taking out the 10G, and using the flobby disk drive to
boot off of.  I was familiar with PicoBSD years ago and know I could use
that, but it seems that project has been discontinued.  After looking
through archives to determine what to do, I can across nanoBSD as that
seems to be included in the FreeBSD system by default, henceforth this
question.  I couldn't find any information regarding the smallest image
size possible using NanoBSD.  So the question is: can nanoBSD fw/ the
proper configurations fit onto a floppy disk...and if not, is such an
old computer bootable off of a usb stick?  How can I tell without buying
one?

Thanks,
~Paul