Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:22:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        steven wesley wilson <swwilso1@students.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2940UW

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, steven wesley wilson wrote:

> The scsi bus is terminated properly.  I've been on the phone w/Adaptec
> support and the card is configured properly.  I've flashed the bios to
> version 1.25 and the install still dies.  Linux does die a similar death
> as FreeBSD with this card.  I'm trying to install redhat Linux 5.1

Hm, if both Linux and FreeBSD fall over, it's not a FreeBSD problem most
likely.

Are you **SURE** it's terminated properly?  Termination should be enabled
on the card and on the last device in the chain, and no other.  The drive
should be set to take termination power from the SCSI bus (if you can set
this).