Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:54:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Rev. Nostrebor N. Cire" <spock@spock.mem.net>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, spock@mem.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Command line image manipulation

This will do what I need, but I can't seem to find any of the programs used
in this script.  Can you tell me where to find djpeg, pnmscale, ppmquantall,
and ppmtogif?

Do you know of a program that will convert GIF, BMP or TIFF to the format
used as input to pnmscale?

% foreach i (*.jpeg)
foreach? setenv b `basename $i .jpeg`
foreach? djpeg -pnm $i | pnmscale -width 150 > ${b}.ppm
foreach? end
% ppmquantall 128 *.ppm
% foreach i (*.ppm)
foreach? ppmtogif -interlace $i > ${b}.gif
foreach? end
..
% rm *.ppm

Thanks for the info.