Date:      Wed, 05 May 2004 18:52:24 -0500
From:      Jon Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/asr asr.c

Scott Long wrote:

>> scottl      2004/05/04 22:29:19 PDT
>>
>>   FreeBSD src repository
>>
>>   Modified files:
>>     sys/dev/asr          asr.c   Log:
>>   Roto-till the ioctl code.  Remove all the groping around in the x86
>> BIOS
>>   segment, remove the groping around in the Option ROM segments,
>> remove the
>>   bogus tests for bcopy vs. copyout.  There really is no reason for a
>>   management app to know these things other than to create l33t info
>> tables
>>   for the user.
>>     Revision  Changes    Path
>>   1.60      +10 -109   src/sys/dev/asr/asr.c
>

> If this causes the raidctl management app to stop working, please let me
> know and I'll bump it up in my priority list.
>
> Scott

Before this commit I could 'ln -s /dev/asr0 /dev/rdpti0' and 'raidutil
-L all' would work.  Now, it fails:
Engine connect failed: COMPATILITY number
osdIOrequest : File /dev/rdptr17 Could Not Be Opened

Also, the soft link disappears after the above command.  This did not
happen before.  I put 'link asr0 rdpti0' in /etc/devfs.conf before
trying raidutil at all, but that doesn't appear to do anything (most
likely it is me not grokking devfs though).

Jon Noack