Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:32:59 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        Julian Stacey <jhs@berklix.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD Grow Large?

Julian Stacey wrote:

>Presumably that includes some who hold commit privs mainly for the
>freebsd.org web site.
>
>It's tedious though, how much irrelevant hot air has been dumped
>onto advocacy@ Re. logo preferences, considering we won't get to vote !
>  - Apparently commiters will vote;  Presumably advocacy@ will not.
>  - Commiters are on the commit list, & current@,
>    I guess just a low percentage of advocacy@ are committers.
>  - Most commiters will probably ignore advocacy@ when they vote.
>Deduction: people with logo preferences should contact commiters
>who will vote, not this advocacy@ list that likely includes few voters.
>
>Readers of advocacy@ have limited choices:
>  - Face reality, realise logo preference on advocacy@ is hot air, Or ...
>  - Do a load of send-pr's & be individually invited to be a commiter to
>    src/ ports/ doc/ or www/ who can vote, Or ...
>  - Agitate for votes for advocacy@ members (little chance I guess), Or ...
>  - Wait for commiters (who will ignore advocacy@) to choose Their logo,
>    then advocacy@ individuals can ignore or include logo on non
>    freebsd.org controlled BSD advocacy sites & events that advocacy@
>    readers organise.
>
>Best skip the irrelevant logo debates where our views are Not wanted.
>Best be more constructive, & discuss what we Can do: eg collecting
>content for web sites to promote business adopting BSD etc.  Harvesting
>facts such as (paraphrasing) ...

Now that you got me thinking about it... There is no reason why a group
of us (I'll help) couldn't fork the entire FreeBSD website, doc, etc.
projects and redo or create everything thats needed for a better
Image/PR etc. Then just point the download links to the freebsd servers.
This way we can just side step all the bullshit and resistance where
getting. We could then merge the projects when they finally see the
light. If we really wanted to we could just rebrand the entire FreeBSD
project, having are own core/committers of web designers,