Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 23:32:33 -0800
From:      Doug King <dj@stmichael.org>
To:        ralf@acadiacom.net
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Webserver

Hi all,

Though I still consider myself a newbie, I'm currently running couple of
systems supporting a dozen or so domains including a couple of commerce
sites (running minivend... which is MUCH harder to set up than FreeBSD.)

My config(s) are P200s, running Apache (with the BSD FronPage Bloatware
extensions) and Apache with SSL extensions and CyberCash, IRCD, RAS.
Apache is configured for virtual domains (I haven't figured out how to
finagle more IP addresses from my upstream provider).

Given the limitations that I'm working with, this really is a GREAT
system.  I almost went live with an NT based dual processor ARC server
before I discovered FreeBSD.  Glad I went the way I did.

Cheers,
dj

Ralf Black wrote:

> I decided to host my own webpage (and others), but before I get myself
> into something:
>
>         Is FreeBSD a good operating software for this?
>
>         Which server software works good with FreeBSD?
>
> Thanks,
> Ralf

+
+ D. J. King