Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 1996 08:00:22 +1000
From:      Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
To:        bmk@transport.com
Cc:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra), freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Blaster 16 PnP

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:51:29 -0700 (PDT)  "Brant M. Katkansky" wrote:

In my machine with pre-Plug&Play BIOS I have to boot DOS, run the ICU
stuff and then CTRL-ALT-DELETE into FreeBSD.  I've added the SBC_IRQ
define as per John's suggestion.

Whether it actually works or not is unknown ... someone has borrowed
the audio output cable. :)

I'm using a couple of days old -current kernel.  (I can't yet get a
kernel with ATAPI defined to compile either, but more later ...)

# SoundBlaster 16
options         "SBC_IRQ=5"
controller      snd0
device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
device          sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device          opl0    at isa? port 0x388

sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbxvi0 at 0x0 drq 5 on isa
sbxvo0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>