Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:59:27 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: misc/32760: Please MFC /usr/include/malloc.h to -STABLE.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:41:42 PST, Brooks Davis wrote:

> If there's a way to make malloc.h optionaly fatel that would be a good
> first step since we could strongly encourage porters to enable that and
> perhaps enable it on bento for good measure.

That sounds pretty easy, provided the affected ports honour CFLAGS. :-)

Wouldn't something like this work?

#if WANT_STDLIB_MALLOC
#if __STDC__
#error "<malloc.h> has been replaced by <stdlib.h>"
#else
#if __GNUC__
#warning "this file includes <malloc.h> which is deprecated, use <stdlib.h> instead"
#endif
#include <stdlib.h>
#endif
#endif