Date:      Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:01:36 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   some more on Re: Adventurous fix for wheel mouse not working in FreeBSD 6.0

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 19:22, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> And scrolling does NOT work.

I found out this for releng_6 and appearently is the same on former version=
s=20
since all call the same problem:

when you set in xorg.conf any other option as "Option Protocol auto" the=20
scroll buttons are not working, doesn't matter which and how many buttons y=
ou=20
configure and which of them you set in [Z|X]Axismapping

I need to say I have a NB with synaptics touchpad.

basicly setting

        Driver  "mouse"
        Identifier "touchpad"
        Option  "Device" "/dev/psm0"

        Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
or
        Option  "Protocol" "auto"

and the touchpad works as mouse, tapping, clicking tap+drag and double clic=
k=20
as well as left and right button fuctions

but no scroll

using xev the 4,5,6 and 7 button are not even recognized so I guess the=20
problem is on the PS/2 driver and not in Xorg

and it does not matter if I set

        Option  "Buttons" "7"
        Option  "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option  "XAxisMapping" "6 7"

then, when I set in loader.conf

	hw.psm.synaptics_support=3D"1"

the synaptics touchpad is probed and I can see it in dmesg but it still doe=
s=20
not work as PS/2 protocol

Soon I set "Option Protocol auto" I get the 7 buttons and I can scroll up a=
nd=20
down and left and right BUT I can not tap+drag anymore, to drag I need to=20
press the phisical left button and the I can drag using the touchpad

Also it doesn't matter if I use moused and sysmouse in xorg.conf,only using=
=20
the synaptic with sysmouse is very nervous and almost unusable, the pointer=
=20
"runs around by itself almost"

even if configuring, the aditional buttons are dead, xev doesn't find them=
=20

I guess PS/2 does not know more than 2 buttons and could perhaps emulate th=
e=20
third

probable PS/2 protocol/driver should be revised to get the additional butto=
ns=20
found.

Jo=E3o