Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:19:03 -0700
From:      John Fox <jjf@mind.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   question re: binary upgrade

Howdy.

I've got a server running 2.2.2-RELEASE, and the darned thing needs
to be updated to 4.3-RELEASE.  I know that if I were going to
perform this upgrade from source I'd have to go in stages, from
release to stable, stable to release, etc., until ending at the
final version.

However, we're planning on a binary upgrade, and I'm thinking (and
hoping!) that this will allow the upgrade to take place in one big
jump, rather than several small ones.

I'd appreciate hearing about the accuracies of this guess, and any
other information deemed relevant by the knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance,

John
--
               John Fox <jjf@mind.net>
    System Administrator, InfoStructure, Ashland OR USA