Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:52:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      davec@unforgettable.com
Subject:   Guido's recent 3.3.3 IpFilter commit

Chances are I'm missing something or a step, but I've ran out of ideas and mailing lists to search through. I'm running -current as of today with IPFilter 3.3.3 (big thanks to Guido for adding it back into FreeBSD's tree and updating it to the latest version).  It starts successfully, but when I try to load any rule sets (or remove rules with if -Fa) I get:

open device: Device not configured
ioctl(SIOCIPFFL): Bad file descriptor

This was a move from -current Oct. 10 (right before ipfilter was removed from the kernel), so I know it works with IPFilter. BFP is compiled as well as options IPFILTER in the kernel, and the rule set worked with the oct. 10 version of IPFilter.  There are /dev/bpf? devices, as well as /dev/ipl etc.  What have I missed?  Any help/suggestions/tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Davec
Davec@unforgettable.com