Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 22:27:37 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 ATA on an old laptop failing

Warner Losh <imp@village.org> probably said:
> In message <20000409164636.C18060@pir.net> Peter Radcliffe writes:
> : I had a couple of suggestions in private mail that
> :   sysctl -w hw.atamodes=pio,pio,pio,pio
> : would work around this, but I can't find any way to apply this,
> : the kernel runs sysinstall as init ...
>
> Add it early in the /etc/rc script by hand.

I looked in /etc and saw no rc script.  I created /etc/pccard_ether so
when using a pcmcia network card it got run fairly early and said the
mode was _already_ pio.

I said this in that email, I don't think this is the problem.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu