Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au, green@zone.syracuse.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.06 (was "freezing problems with CAM and dpt")

sthaug@nethelp.no writes:
> > While we're on the subject of netscape, has anyone else had problems with
> > 4.06 (FreeBSD version)? This is being wildly unstable for me - freezing,
> > crashing, and occasionally killing my X server (XF86 w/ ELF
> > patches).
>
> On the other hand, 4.06 seems to be more stable for me. But then I haven't
> tried it on an ELF system yet, only 2.2.7.

I've had similar problems with Navigator 4.06. This is the usual
stuff that Netscape has always done, for example:

 - After starting up Java, seems to get confused, slowed down,
   and/or fails to execute applets. At least Java is working somewhat...

 - When it crashes, it's running at 100% CPU and can't be killed
   except by kill -9.

 - During some SSL connections (or not?), spontaneously exits
   for no reason.

-Archie