Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:32:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trish Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: When was soundcard.h moved?

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> When was soundcard.h moved from machine to sys?  A large number of ports
> expect to find it in machine, and I can't find a __FreeBSD_version bump
> supporting the change.
>
> So I need to find out when it happened and piggy-back on the nearest
> __FreeBSD_version bump. :-(
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Sheldon,
	do a little research, that actually happened in
3.0-CURRENT/RELEASE, however the symlink was kept there for backwards
compatibility, now that 5.0-CURRENT is moving towards release, the symlink
was removed.

If you want to do it via version bump, the safe way is to consider
everything v4-STABLE and earlier to have it in <machine/*>

-Trish

--
Trish Lynch					trish@bsdunix.net
FreeBSD						The Power to Serve