Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:48:14 +0200
From:      Gerhard =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E4ring?= <haering_linux@gmx.de>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Building -CURRENT with 4.5-RELEASE

* Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> [2002-10-22 15:01 -0700]:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:52:11PM +0200, Gerhard Häring wrote:
> > * Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org> [2002-10-22 12:23 +0300]:
> > > >
> > > Yes, it is.  It should even be possible to build -CURRENT with
> > > as early as 4.0-RELEASE.  If it doesn't, please drop me a line.
> >
> > "make installworld" dumps core at installing passwd (4.5-RELEASE).
>
> Are you running a current kernel at this point?  If you aren't it's safe
> to say it won't work.

No, this is 4.5-RELEASE, as I said. By "current kernel", do you mean an
up-to-date FreeBSD 4, like 4.7-STABLE, or a -CURRENT kernel?

When I came to FreeBSD, ppl told me that you don't update the kernel
separately, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Confused,

Gerhard

PS: Using DP1 to compile -CURRENT CVS also doesn't work :-(