Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 08:05:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "N. Emile Akabi-Davis" <akabi@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu>
To:        Sean Harding <sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Reflections on FreeBSD 2.2.6

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Sean Harding wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, N. Emile Akabi-Davis wrote:
>
> > do. Major problem for me is getting used to using the ESC key for
> > filename completion instead of the TAB key. I also have to get
> > used to the fact that csh does not allow me to use the UP/DOWN
>
> This isn't FreeBSD, it's the shell you are using. If you make your shell
> bash instead of csh, it will be just like Linux's default in that regard.
> Or, try tcsh if you want a csh-style shell.
Thanks. I have now changed shells but just have a big minor
problem of getting /etc/bashrc and ~/.bashrc sources when I
log on. I am going to delve into that over the next couple of
days.

--
Caio                            |Oliver's Law: Experience is something you
N.Emile <DeR vInYl JuNkIe>      |  do not get until just after you need it.