Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:12:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Build of debugging kernel broken in -stable for Alpha

I think the building of debugging kernels is broken on
FreeBSD-stable/Alpha systems.  I configured with "config -g", but the
make terminates with:

    make: don't know how to make kernel.debug. Stop

Could somebody please confirm this?  My system is a bit screwy -- it's
really a -stable chroot environment inside a -current system.  (Don't
ask.)  The entire userland in the chroot environment is pure -stable,
so I think the breakage is real and not just an artifact of my setup
here.

It would be a shame to have this broken in 3.4-RELEASE.

John
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron