Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 13:09:10 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: List of Companies/Corporations Using FreeBSD ...

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Eivind Eklund wrote:

> On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 10:05:29AM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > The Advocacy one is slightly better, but I question accuracy...when did
> > HotMail switch from Solaris to FreeBSD?  Last I heard, they tried to
> > switch to NT and then moved back to Solaris...
>
> For the mail servers, yes.   They use FreeBSD for their web servers.

Ah, okay...is it just me, or shoudl this sort of detail be included on
those pages?  IMHO, I'd rather know that company X is using FreeBSD for a
specific purpose, which would be more believable then selling FreeBSD as
just being "used by company X", which could be no more then the guy who
added the entry using it for his desktop...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org