Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:23:33 -0600
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        "G D McKee" <freebsd-stable@gdmckee.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Two FreeBSD Server (and) CVSUP Refure File

At 03:22 PM 11/14/00 +0000, G D McKee wrote:
>Hi
>
>How can I get a second FreeBSD server to masquerade through another one
>hooked up to the internet using ppp without enabling nat in ppp.conf
>file.  Everything else from other PC's goes through squid or socks5 proxies.
>
>Can I do anything with IPFW or is nat the only option.  I don't want to
>enable nat for security.
>
>G D McKee

and...

At 03:26 PM 11/14/00 +0000, G D McKee wrote:
>Hi
>
>It is not clear where this file has to be placed in the file system.  Can
>someone please advise?
>
>It mentions /usr/sup, but this dir doesn't exist?  At present I have put
>it in /usr/local/etc/cvsup.
>
>G D McKee

These questions have nothing to do with the -stable mailing list and and
are more approriately belong on -questions.  Checking the archive will find
that they have been answered several times.

Pardon the gripe, but I feel this list is really starting to turn into an
"any question goes" list, which is not supposed to be the case.  The list
charter for reference:

FREEBSD-STABLE

      Discussions about the use of FreeBSD-stable

      This is the mailing list for users of freebsd-stable.
      It includes warnings about new features coming out
      in -stable that will affect the users, and instructions
      on steps that must be taken to remain -stable.
      Anyone running ``stable'' should subscribe to this list.
      This is a technical mailing list for which strictly
      technical content is expected.

It's great that we have a lot of new users here, but feel that the wrong
impression about this has been given.  As a newcomer you have been targeted
as a matter of example and expedience.  I'd *strongly* suggest reading the
handbook, FAQ, and obtaining a copy of "The Complete FreeBSD" and also
subscribe to -cvs-all and -ports if you wish to track stable.  Otherwise
stick with releases.

cheers!

PS - Either lose the Outlook mailer or send mail to the lists as plain text.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve