Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:53:23 -0500
From:      Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KSE status report

> BTW feel free to spend some time helping try figire out why libc_r
> is bombing out. It's not an exclusive club :-)

I took a stab at hunting it down, I think I may've found it in the
libc_r, not the kern

src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kern.c, in the neighborhood of line 172,
the last line of _thread_kern_sched() is

        ___longjmp(_thread_kern_sched_jb, 1);

I think that's where the crash is. the setjmp is in uthread_init.c, on
line 320, "_setjmp(_thread_kern_sched_jb);", but that function doesn't
seem to be called? I put some printf's with fflush's in there and I'm
not seeing them come up. Maybe I'm misreading something, but that seems
to me to be the issue, _thread_kern_sched_jb having junk when it gets
longjmp'd... I'm really not quite what all goes into this, so I'm
throwing this out to let more experienced minds consider it? :) I think
I'm going to wait an hour or two before trying to fix it, maybe someone
sees this as a quick fix

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.