Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:52:01 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting daemons in rc.local

* Norbert Koch <nk@LF.net> [20010113 22:37]: writing on the subject 'Re: Starting daemons in rc.local'
Norbert> "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca> writes:
Norbert>
Norbert> Hi!
Norbert>
Norbert> [...]
Norbert> > # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/radius.sh
Norbert> >
Norbert> > #!/bin/sh
Norbert> > if [ -f /sbin/radiusd]; then
Norbert> >   echo "Radius"
Norbert> >   /sbin/radiusd -d /etc/raddb -a /var/adm/radacct
Norbert> > fi
Norbert> [...]
Norbert>
Norbert>
Norbert> Don't you have to provide start and stop cases? IIRC, the systems
Norbert> whines on this sort of script, although starting the daemon.
Norbert>
Norbert> Just curious,
Norbert> norbert.

Exactly. That is where my problem lies. I even saw FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE
warn me to make the scripts to recognise start and stop..hey..and that
coding scares me - I am still doing "man sh" to start off..;-)

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher
was in my class for five years. -George Burns