Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 09:40:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun Workshop compiler vs. GCC?

> > Terry, watch me, and repeat this on your keyboard.
> >
> > 'I was wrong, you are correct.'
> >
> > [ You look more foolish all the time ]
>
> But I don't think he was wrong... if you've ever had to program the win32
> API using the 'thunking' crap, I think you'd realize that what Terry said
> was exactly correct.

What Terry *originally* stated was that Win95 doesn't use 16-bit DOS
drivers when you do an upgrade.  He was wrong.

Now, he changed the subject (to not be wrong) so that it became an issue
of how 16-bit drivers are setup, and to tell us about the books he's
read, the kernel hacking he's done, and everything else, but the fact of
the matter was that the Win95 upgrade in cases uses the existing 16-bit
DOS drivers w/out the upgrader desiring it.

Nate