Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 08:48:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      owensc <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation help needed

Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au> said:

> If you had searched the archives, you should have read dozens of messages
> which make it pretty clear that Linux Netscape only runs under
> -current, and
> that it's not likely that support will make it back into -stable in the
> near future, if at all.

Hmmmm.... Linux Netscape works quite well for me, and I'm running a
-stable system dated March 16th.   Java apps and all work well.

Is there some fundamental reason why it shouldn't work?

The only problem that I've had with it is that any time I close a Java
applet that runs in its _own_ window, Netscape itself exits with a signal
7, 10, or 11.  Has anyone else seen this?
---
  Charles Owens					 Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X