Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:56:16 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        Paul Dekkers <psd@cgu.nl>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD NOT on PII-350?

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 01:44:06PM +0100, Paul Dekkers wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
>
> | > It seems I haven't formulated my question correctly:
> | > CAN FreeBSD run on an pII-350? If so, why does the error CMAP busy message
> | > apear when booting from the bootdisk?
> |
> | I run 3.0 on a PII-350 with 128MB of RAM. Works OK!
>
> Did you have to disable something in your BIOS? Maybe it's the PNP... I
> once got it working, after disabling the PNP, but then it started
> complaining about not enough diskspace so the partition table couldn't be
> created, and the system rebooted.

Yes, I always disable BIOS Pnp OS support, but my disk wasn't so big as
yours. Its only (?) 6GB

> After, it never worked again, however the PNP remains disabled...
>
> What kind of BIOS do you have? There's an AWARD in this machine, I'm
> afraid there's an option (however I don't know which) that's wrong...

It's an Siemens motherboard and Phoenix BIOS.

> Paul
>
> --
> Paul Dekkers
> E-Mail: <P.Dekkers@cgu.nl>
> To err is human, to moo bovine

                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_
email: flygt@sr.se ---- (_)/ (_)

If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
.. Oh, wait a minute, he already does."