Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:23:49 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Phillip Neiswanger <sigsegv@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, questions@freebsd.org, kuriyama@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Palm Pilot programming and PRC-Tools

Phillip Neiswanger <sigsegv@mindspring.com> types:
> Currently, there is not a prc-tools-2.0 package on the 4.3 CDs, or the
> FreeBSD ftp site.  This is the case for both 4.3 and current.  The reason
> that the package is missing is that the makefile relies on a url pointing
> to www.palmos.com...  This url is no longer usable and should be updated to
> www.sourceforge.org.

I'm not sure that's the case the current version of the port claims
you can't get the palmos-sdk tarball because of Palm's licensing
restrictions. Hence no palmos-sdk package. Since that's required for
the prc-tools package, it may have prevented it from being made
available. But at this point, you should talk to the maintainer of the
port. You can find their email address by doing "make -V MAINTAINER"
in the port directory.

> Anyway, I cannot build the binutils and gcc from source, however, I have
> managed to get the crt0.o and related files built so I'm now passed that
> problem.  I still have some problems, here is hopefully the last:

Again, if you're having problems building the port, you should talk to
the port maintainer.

> pgn> make
> m68k-palmos-gcc -I. -O2 hello.o -o hello
> hello.o(.text+0x4c):hello.c: undefined reference to `FrmGetObjectPrt'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake: *** [hello] Error 1

Now you're trying to use functionality that's changed radically since
I worked with it.  It looks like it doesn't know where one of the
library files are, though.

	<mike