Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 23:15:07 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
To:        Paul Griffith <paulg@interlog.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help /dev/sd01s1b gone after MAKEDEV all

This probably should have gone to -questions, but...:

On Tue, Feb 24, 1998 at 11:15:54PM -0500, Paul Griffith wrote:
> Okay I did something very foolish, I typed MAKEDEV all from the /dev
> directory, now everytime I reboot I get the following error messages:

> BTW: I am running 2.2.2, Any clues or ideas I will the fixit option from
> the CD-ROM

Boot to single user mode (you probably end up there anyway right now).
Then, do this:

# mount /
# cd /dev
# sh MAKEDEV sd0s1a sd1s1a od0s1a

and that will make all the devices required to use the partitions on slice 1 of
sd0, sd1, and od0.

--
Zach Heilig -- zach@gaffaneys.com
Real Programs don't use shared text.  Otherwise, how can they use