Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 01:00:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Charlie Root <clev@bayarea.net>
Cc:        issei@jp.FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: ssh2-2.0.13

> I am trying to compile up ssh or ssh2 but both are missing
> patch-ssh-1.2.27-bsd.tty.chown

I have these versions of the ports:

# $FreeBSD: ports/security/ssh2/Makefile,v 1.97 2000/04/21 08:19:04 mharo
# $FreeBSD: ports/security/ssh/Makefile,v 1.97 2000/04/21 09:19:54 kris

The former looks for patch-ssh-2.0.13-bsd.tty.chown and the latter doesn't
use the patch.

> I am not able to find this in your ftp distfiles directory nor is it on
> the Walnut Creek CDROM set I just paid $$$ for.  Could someone direct me
> how I might get this patch.

For me "make fetch" works.  If it doesn't for you and you don't want the
updated port for some reason, you can get the patches from
http://www.ssh.org/patches/patch-ssh-1.2.27-bsd.tty.chown and
http://www.ssh.org/patches/patch-ssh-1.2.27-bsd.tty.chown .  FreeBSD
4.0-RELEASE (and later) has OpenSSH as part of the base system.  It's also
available in the ports collection.  OpenSSH seems more free and less
buggy.
--
Trevor Johnson
http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt