Date:      16 Sep 2002 15:25:33 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>, chet@po.cwru.edu, kris@obsecurity.org, roam@ringlet.net, sroberts@dsl.pipex.com, m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade of bash-2.05b_1 failing now for second day

I'm not so sure that Alan doesn't have a point.  Even with a firewall
policy of "OPEN" (effectively letting in everything) and adding the
suggest reset line for port 113, my attempts to download continue to
TimeOut for this site.  I'm pretty much convinced that upstream
(probably the University of Idaho) is dropping/blocking all 113 traffic
to/from me, and there's precious little I can do about that.  Moreover,
I have nearly 480 ports installed, and this is the ONLY one that gives
me any problems on download . . .

jmc

         _
  | |V| / '                       ||  MacroHard --                   \
\_| | | \_,                       ||     the perfection of form over |
----------------------------------||     substance, marketing over   |
Web:  http://www.borgsdemons.com  ||     performance, and greed over |
AIM:  johnmcooper                 ||     design . . .                |
Yahoo:  john_m_cooper             ||                                 |