Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:39:09 +0200
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
To:        "Brie :: unixsysadmin.org" <brie@unixsysadmin.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apparently broken link on the FreeBSD FAQ

On 31/12/2009 3:51 μ.μ., Brie :: unixsysadmin.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was reviewing the FreeBSD FAQ and noticed that the link to 'The BSD
> Family Tree' in question 1.6 is broken.
>

> (There is a Joomla! install at: http://dhogan.people.si.umich.edu/joomla/
> but no BSD Family Tree in sight.)
>
> There does appear to be a copy here:
>
> http://www.levenez.com/unix/unix_a4.pdf
>

> However, I'm not sure if this is what was linked to at the site in the FAQ.
>
> My apologies if this is the wrong list...

First off, this is the right list and thanks for submitting this!
It is the second time this linked article disappears - AFAIR there was a
nice article explaining the BSD family and not just the diagram you
found (which is quite good BTW). I haven't been able to locate it
somewhere else so far - I'll change the link when I find it.

Thanks!