Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:13:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Allan Dib <dib.allan.l@edumail.vic.gov.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Higher resolution text mode

Allan Dib <dib.allan.l@edumail.vic.gov.au> types:
> Hiya all,
> I am a CLI freak. I wanna squeaze more lines into my screen, hopefully
> something like 80x50 line text mode. Does anyone know how to do this on
> a 4.1.1 system?

I'm like you - but the best way to get more characters on the screen
is with X. I've got an 80x75 line xemacs window, and more than enough
horizontal room for two of them. xterm's use a smaller font, and I get
three 80x89 xterms on a screen.

	<mike
Independent WWW/Unix/FreeBSD consultant,	email for more information.