Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 17:25:42 -0700
From:      Tim Beard <timbeard@datarecall.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trident video and X windows

I have FreeBSD 2.1.5 installed. I have tried to configure xwindows every
way I can think, and I still have had no luck running it. I have a
Trident 8900 D video card that doesnt seem to be supported. I have read
all the FAQ's and manuals at the XFree86 web site, and have come across
nothing. Here are the symptoms.

When I run X the program starts to load, and then the screen blanks. I
have to do a hard reboot to restart.

My monitor is a Magitronic SVGA. I have even entered the settings
manually from the monitor book. I have tried vga, svga. I have tried the
Trident 8900 generic chipset driver, the generic vga driver. I even put
in a manual clock line that I found from the xfree86 web site.

Thanks in advance. HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!
--
Tim Beard
Data Recall, LLC