Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2013 07:00:37 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Delete /var/db/pkg.bak?

------enig2WXKUDSVNEULBRODTMRRD

On 30/01/2013 04:47, Walter Hurry wrote:
> Admittedly disk space is cheap, but old habits die hard and I just don'=
t=20
> like keeping stuff I no longer need.
>=20
> I converted to pkgng just under a couple of months ago, and have had no=
=20
> serious problems (even the minor issues have been promptly resolved wit=
h=20
> the kind and able assistance of Matthew Seaman).
>=20
> I have no intention of trying to 'go back', so my question is this: Is =
it=20
> safe now to clear out the pkg.bak file which was created by pkg2ng at t=
he=20
> time of conversion? I'm almost sure it is, but just want to make certai=
n.

Um... it's probably OK, but you're really the only person in a position
to know, given it's your system.

Given that you have been actively maintaining your systems using pkgng
for several months, the pkg.bak file will not contain any record of the
changes made in that time.  That makes it increasingly irrelevant.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.