Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 2010 02:16:25 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why hald causes system to hang up?

I enabled hald: hald_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf. This fixed the
problem with kdm which otherwise always fails during the first login
attempt.

But hald caused few unintended consequences:

periodic hangups: system becomes unresponsive for a few seconds around
every 15 seconds, especially when I type in KDE konsole.
string in konsole doesn't get selected any more when I double click on it.

Anybody has any insight why hald would cause such consequences?

Yuri