Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:23:46 -0600
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
To:        Ripper Roo <ripper_roo1@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW - Updating config file & dynamic ruleset

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 04:50:44PM +0000, Ripper Roo wrote:

> Also, how long are dynamic rules maintained and do the stateful rules follow
> TCP sequence numbers in IPFW to validate packets "authenticity"?

the time they survive is documented in ''man ipfw'', search for 'lifetime'.

the stateful rules do not do any sanity checking of the tcp sequence #.

--
- bill fumerola / fumerola@yahoo-inc.com / billf@FreeBSD.org / billf@mu.org
- my anger management counselor can beat up your self-affirmation therapist