Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:40:49 -0600
From:      Chris Pressey <cpressey@catseye.mb.ca>
To:        doug@safeport.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ncurses buildworld problem

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:48:17 -0500 (EST)
doug@safeport.com wrote:

> I appears there may be a spot in the buildworld where includes from the
> current system are being used. The module in question is:
>
>     /usr/src/contrib/ncurses/ncurses/tinfo/make_keys.c

This is a shot in the dark, but it seems to have worked for me (I've been
having problems with wrong/missing header files/object files in different
parts of buildworld for months now, just sorted it out last night):

  setenv C_INCLUDE_PATH
  setenv LIBRARY_PATH

Maybe this is something that is so obvious to a dyed-in-the-wool FreeBSD
guru that it's not mentioned in the handbook (or, I missed it,) but my
experience would indicate that having those variables set can really mess
up a buildworld.

Anyone know why buildworld would be subsceptible to this and/or why the
handbook makes no mention of it in section 21.4.15.6?

-Chris