Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:12:45 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        antonello_rocco@libero.it
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question

> I've created two partition on my HD, a FREEBSD partition where I've
> installed UNIX freebsd and a Dos partition with Win98 installed.But
> now when I start a session I can't choose between this two O.S.
> because it switch automatically on win98.
>
> At the beginning when Win98 wasn't installed but there was a Dos
> partition I've had tha possibility of chosen, it appear like this:
>
> F1: FreeBSD
> F2: DOS

The problem is that the Windows 9[58] installation programs blow away
your master boot record without asking.  If you reinstall FreeBSD's
bootloader, you'll be fine.  I've written a tutorial on how to do this
on this mailing list before:  Go to

and search for "lucas AND bergman AND boot0cfg".

> From: DemonEye <antares180@katamail.com>
>
> Please send me an answer on this address:  antonello_rocco@libero.it.

Then please put that address in the "From" field of mail you send.
Those of us who volunteer to answer questions prefer not to waste time
messing with mail headers.

Lucas