Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 09:49:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, nate@mt.sri.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun Workshop compiler vs. GCC?

> So am I.  It's irrelevant, as well as all of your other 'claims to
> fame'.  We're talking about what Win95 upgrades do, not what kind of
> developer you are.  You stated that Win95 doesn't use DOS devices when
> an upgrade occurs, and you're wrong.  Plain wrong.  You can argue about
> how you are misinformed, misaligned, misunderstood, but in fact you are
> plain mistaken.  Wrong.

Define "when an upgrade occurs".  If you mean "in the default
configuration after an upgrade has been completed and the machine
rebooted to invoke the 'runonce' registry entries created by install
and run in real mode as part of the post-install", yes, I said that.

> I don't have to explain it, only I can say with absolute and completey
> knowledge that you're wrong.

Your faith is uplifting, but misplaced. 8-).

> C'mon, I *really* want to see you admit you're wrong instead of changing
> the subject to something like how many times you've installed it and
> never seen it happen, or what you read, or something else.  You're
> simply *wrong*

It isn't going to happen until I see a Windows95 install not rename
config.sys and autoexec.bat, or until I disassemble another io.sys
and see a string reference to "autoexec.dos" or "config.dos".

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---