Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:52:16 -0700
From:      "craig burgess" <750virago@webbox.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   PHPGroupware port on Alpha 4.3-release

craig burgess writes:
I haven't been able to find this in the list archives

Problem: PHPGroupware does not complete.

Installing from ports (freshly cvsup'd) on FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE.

felix# make install
===>  Extracting for phpgroupware-0.9.12
>> Checksum OK for phpGroupWare-0.9.12.tar.gz.
find /usr/ports/deskutils/phpgroupware/work/phpgroupware -name
CVS -type d | xargs /bin/rm -rf
===>  Patching for phpgroupware-0.9.12
===>  Configuring for phpgroupware-0.9.12
===>  Installing for phpgroupware-0.9.12
===>   phpgroupware-0.9.12 depends on file: /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so
- found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>   Registering installation for phpgroupware-0.9.12
make: don't know how to make package-depends-list. Stop
make: don't know how to make package-depends-list. Stop
-------------------------
I am left with a directory and file structure at /usr/ports/deskutils/phpgroupware/work/phpgroupware/
from which it appears that i might be able to manually install....
Is that really how it's supposed to work?

>From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>

>Its actually installed, but crapped out when attempting to build
the
>one of the packing lists that the package tools use to keep
track
>of what ports depends on each other.  I have no idea why that
would
>happen.  You might want to cvsup your ports tree..
>
>I suspect the people over on freebsd-ports@freebsd.org would
be better
>equipped to help w/something like this.
>
>Drew

The ports tree was freshly cvsup'd. First attempt with 'make
install' couldn't find the correct file so i ftp'd it into /ports/distfiles/
and then ran 'make install'

Thanks for any help,
craig