Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "W. Reilly Cooley" <wcooley@nakedape.navi.net>
To:        "John J. Paner" <jpaner@paradox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: making an image for a cd

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, John J. Paner wrote:

> Here is the question.  How can I make an image of a setup on a hard
> drive so that it can be burned on a cd?  I have a CDR on a windows
> machine and was thinking that a program like rawrite would do nicely.
>
> Any pointers?

You might an ISO 9660 image with 'mkisofs', and then either copy it to the
Wind 95 machine and burn it with the CD software there, or connect the
burner and use 'cdrecord' or 'cdwrite' to burn the image.

http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

Making it bootable takes a bit more, and I cannot now remember where I
read about it.  Sorry if my info is a bit Linux-centric; I've only burned
CD on Linux, but I think the software is the same.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                          wcooley@nakedape.navi.net
Naked Ape Consulting                        http://nakedape.navi.net