Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 16:33:54 -0700
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        Steve Ames <steve@vic.cioe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: filesize limit

> Just got an odd message from the OS... 'Filesize limit exceeded'
>
> Wasn't aware there was a filesize limit... How do I remove it? It
> seems to be right around 64M. I've got files (prior to last OS update)
> that are 150M +

   This isn't an OS limit - if you were actually bumping in to
FreeBSD's max file size I'd be really impressed.  This is a
self-imposed limit in your shell.  For csh/tcsh, just type

  unlimit

and you'll be fine.  The max file size is > 100G, as is the
max filesystem size.  There've been patches to up it more, but
I don't know if they've made their way in to 2.2 or not.

   -Dave