Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:48:37 -0700
From:      Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    DUMP: bad sblock magic number

Hello, I'm trying the following on FreeBSD 4.2:

dump -0 -h 0 -u -a -f /dev/nsa0 /home/foo

And the dump is dying with the message:

  DUMP: Dumping /home/shared to /dev/nsa0
  DUMP: bad sblock magic number
  DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.

/home/foo is not a mount point, but I seem to remember FreeBSD's dump
being able to dump subdirectories.  I can dump /home (which is a mount
point) without any errors, so its not a problem with /dev/nsa0.  What
does "bad sblock magic number" mean?

Please CC: me on any replies, as I'm not subscribed -- and thanks in
advance.

Cheers,

Brent