Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 16:24:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      Chris Hedley <cbh@teabag.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strtod & sscanf on -CURRENT?

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Igor Roboul wrote:
> Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that sscanf on -CURRENT does not work as
> expected.

Interestingly I had some aggro with both scanf and strtod returning
somewhat random results recently (about 5th/6th May); I'm afraid I no
longer have the results or test programs but I ended up having to hack my
own routine together to get a reliable input.  What I seem to recall is
that scanf didn't return the correct result at all, whereas strtod was
okay for the first couple of invocations within the same program, after
which it began to return garbage (I'm pretty confident that my program
didn't have a buffer overrun, it was a fairly short & simple effort)

Chris.