Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:06:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeff Gray <jwg@netbox.com>
To:        Questions at FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ftp vulnerability

Running 2.2.6, standard install. This includes the ftp server,
FTP server (Version 6.00)

The recent CERT advisory on the vulnurability of certain ftp servers is
unclear, at least to me, on whether FreeBSD is effected and if so which
ftp servers are effected.  Their explanation is based on the OS.

I posted to security about wu-ftp.  Is there a security issue with Version
6.00?

BTW the CERT advisory can be found at
www.cert.org/advisories/CA-03-99-Buffer-Overflows.html

Jeff