Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:22:40 -0700
From:      Corey Holcomb-Hockin <crsntlvs@ipeg.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fxtv crash

Jason Andresen wrote:

>Corey Holcomb-Hockin wrote:
>

>>Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

>> >      With or without the official MATROX drivers compiled in ?
>> >Whichever it is try the other way (and let us all know).
>> >

>>I guess not.  I didn't know there were Matrox drivers I had to compile
>>in.  Are they part of XFree86 or the kernel?
>>

>They are a compile option in the port.  WITH_MATROX_GXX_DRIVER
>
>I don't think that's the problem though.  The GXX drivers don't seem to
>do all that much.  I've had them installed since they first appeared
>and I havn't noticed additional breakage or really all that many new
>features.  I think the drivers are ment for G400s though, and I have
>a G200.

I have the XFree86 package that came with the 4.6.2 cd.  I've never
tried to compile it from ports because I figured it would be a long
download  and I'm on dialup.  Does this options add the mga_hal module?

When you mentioned official Matrox drivers I checked the matrox website
and found some linux drivers with source.  I guess thats not what you
meant.

I also tried getting dri working by compiling agp into the kernel.
 XFree86 still gives errors about not finding mga_hal, then disabling
dri.  Are these things needed for dma with the wintv and if so where do
I get mga_hal?

thanks
Corey Holcomb-Hockin