Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 12:14:30 +0800
From:      John Summerfield <summer@OS2.ami.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rsh problems

> > Can anyone confirm that rshd/rlogind works on a 4.2beta machine?
> =

> Ok!  Thanks to Sean O'Connell who points out that changing
> =

> rshd    auth    required    pam_deny.so
> rshd    auth    sufficient  pam_deny.so
> =

> fixes the problem.
> =

> Should this be changed in CVS or is there some reason why it should rem=
ain
> 'required'?
> =

I presume that's suppose to read and act on this stuff (which is on Linux=
-;)

[summer@possum pam.d]$ ls
w-r--    1 summer        248 Nov  4 06:24 RHL7.0x=C90drwxrwxr-x    4 summ=
er      =

 1024 Nov  9 11:45 .=19[summer@possum pam.d]$ head -99 /etc/hosts*
=3D=3D> /etc/hosts <=3D=3D
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
 =

=3D=3D> /etc/hosts.allow <=3D=3D
#
# hosts.allow   This file describes the names of the hosts which are
#               allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
#               by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
#
 =

 =

=3D=3D> /etc/hosts.deny <=3D=3D
#
# hosts.deny    This file describes the names of the hosts which are
#               *not* allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
#               by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
#
# The portmap line is redundant, but it is left to remind you that
# the new secure portmap uses hosts.deny and hosts.allow.  In particular
# you should know that NFS uses portmap!
 =

[summer@possum pam.d]$
 =

   =